Gran Turismo 3 A-spec (PS2) Preview
The greatest racing series in videogame history is back. The third installment of the hugely successful Gran TurismoÔ series, Gran Turismo 3 A-spec, will soon be available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Harnessing the power of the PlayStation 2, the creative minds of Polyphony Digital, Inc. have succeeded in creating the most technologically advanced racing experience ever.
Gran Turismo 3 features enhanced, if not perfected game physics. Each car's characteristics are realistically designed and calculated so that they handle to the “real life” physics of that particular vehicle, taking into account weight, speed, friction, wind and more. To further enhance the realism of the driving experience, the opponent AI (artificial intelligence) in
Gran Turismo 3 has been significantly improved. Players will not only be immersed in real-life environments, but will also experience a true sense of emotion emanating from the opponent players. When the player cuts off or passes a computer-controlled car, for example, that car will react “emotionally” by tailgating the player or speeding up to cut them off. Highly detailed vehicles and environment mapping create broadcast quality graphics, with the sun's beaming rays bouncing off the windshield and smoldering heat waves rising from the tarmac. Weather conditions, from dense fog to impeding rain, further blur the line between game and reality.
In addition to several technological innovations, Gran Turismo 3 continues to showcase auto manufacturers from all over the world. The game features 15 challenging tracks including two all-new tracks – Monte Carlo and the Tokyo Racing Circuit, an insane arcade mode, and the most in-depth simulation mode found in any franchise. Obsessively technical, meticulously refined and viciously fast, Gran Turismo 3 displays capabilities beyond any other game.
- Worldwide sales – Gran Turismo (May 1998 release): Over 10 million; Gran Turismo 2 (December 1999 release): More than 5 million
- 4,000 polygons per vehicle captures exceptional detail, right down to the disc brakes behind the wheel
- 15 tracks (all can be played in the reverse direction for a total of 30), including two new tracks: Monte Carlo and Tokyo Racing Circuit
- Approximately 130 authentic vehicles available from manufacturers worldwide
- The most in-depth Simulation Mode returns where players earn money to buy and sell vehicles and upgrade parts
- An untamed Arcade Mode features power slides, burn-outs and excessive speed
- All vehicles are fully customizable from racing tires to gear ratio
- Advanced opponent behavior
- Refined replay mode
- Intense two-player action
- Multi-player function using the I-link cable
- Enhanced weather-conditions, including fogging effects, heat-waves and rain improve realism and add challenge to the racing experience
- An amazing soundtrack featuring 20 of yesterdays, todays and tomorrows biggest bands - all of which can be customized to any playing order
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |