Dukes of Hazzard (PSX) Preview
Dukes of Hazzard - Racing for Home is a fully 3-D, mission-based driving game set in the same Hazzard County made famous by the popular CBS television series. Gamers play as Bo or Luke Duke and take the wheel of the indestructible General Lee or six other cars in 27 missions including saving the family farm, defending the Duke name and rescuing Daisy -- all while eluding local law enforcement authorities and the scheming villain Black Jack Perril.
- Gamers will race through Hazzard County completing missions while collecting power-ups, keeping the car intact, racing other cars or just racing against the clock.
- Features the voices of original cast members Tom Wopat (Luke Duke), James Best (Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane), Sonny Shroyer (Enos Strate), Ben Jones (Cooter Davenport) and Waylon Jennings (The Balladeer).
- Players may shoot arrows loaded with dynamite in certain areas throughout the game, allowing players to blow out the bad guys' tires, clear the road of any obstacles and to lose a pursuer and complete the Duke Boys' missions.
- The game's driving engine allows gamers to perform arcade-style stunts such as jumping over creeks, power sliding, running road blocks and jumping and landing on a flat bed trailer.
- Mission objectives include saving Uncle Jesse from masked gunmen to deliver the monthly mortgage payment to the bank on time; racing for prize money in the Hazzard Overland Race; chasing car thieves who have stolen the General Lee; and rescuing Daisy from kidnappers.
- Collisions, accidents and reckless driving can cause damage to each driver's car, resulting in reduced performance. Players can repair their vehicles at the risk of losing time or being pulled over by the law.
- Power-ups provide car enhancements, repair damage, enhance weapons, and aid in evading the authorities. Power-ups include arrows, high-octane nitro boosts, toolboxes, and oil slicks.
- Features first-person cockpit point-of-view and three third-person points-of-view.
- Vehicles include the General Lee, Boss Hogg's convertible, Uncle Jesse's pickup, Rosco's patrol car, Cooter's tow truck, Boss Hogg's Gray Ghost, Uncle Jesse's Black Tillie, Black Jack Perril's "Ace of Spades," and the "Double Zero" – the only car ever to beat the General Lee in an overland race.
- Gamers can venture to all the places made popular by the television series, including Uncle Jesse's farm, The Boar's Nest, Sumner Farm, Possum Hollow, Kissin' Cliff, Razorback Ridge, Cooter's Garage, Rhuebottom's General Delivery & Dry Goods, and the Seth M. Harley Building.
- Features three multi-player competitions: Time Trial, Race and Run the Jug. PSX multi-player supports two players on a split screen, and PC multi-player features up to six players in their choice of eight cars as they compete over a LAN or the Internet.
- Music provided by The Tractors. http://www.thetractors.com/
- Three difficulty levels: Easy, Tuff and Hard
- Developed by Sinister Games and published by SouthPeak Interactive
- PlayStation® available November 17 1999, PC available first quarter 2000
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |