Madden 2001 Interview
recently had a chance to interview Scott Bandy, the producer of Madden 2001 for the PC.
8) Going along with the previous question, will the strategy of moving a DL between a DE and a DT still work?
In the brief time I had with the game at E3, I noticed it was not as easy as the OLs guys were a lot more aware.
Again, we have made many improvements to the Offensive blocking assignments for the 2001 version. This is true
not only in the case of the interior offensive linemen, but also the full-back, and downfield blocking situations
9) I love playing in Madden 2000 leagues. I particpated in the DFW (onlinesportsgames.com) and OMFL (omfl.sports-gaming.com). Sometimes in IP-to-IP games, the lag got really bad. Unfortuantely, Madden 2000 did not allow two players from differ computers to save their game and resume it online later. Will this change for Madden 2001?
Yes. This was one of the features we most wanted to include in Madden 2001 PC. Both users will now have the ability to save their games, and then
return to complete them at a later time.
10) We've heard Madden 2001 will allow players to compete in leagues over the net.
If so, could you explain some of the features?
One of the most exciting features in Madden 2001 PC is the On-line Franchise. Users will now be able to go on-line, create leagues of varying sizes,
particpate in a fantasy draft, trade players, sign free-agents, and compete against each other over the course of a season. What's more, they will also
be able to keep their leagues running across multiple seasons, which will allow them to experience true Franchise play over the Net.
We are very excited about this feature, and feel that it will bring electronic sports gaming to a whole new level.
11) Will the jerseys get muddy in games when it rains?
The player's uniforms will show the effects of poor weather conditions as the game progresses.
12) Will there be throwback jerseys in the game?
Yes, we will include over 150 alternate uniforms in Madden 2001 PC.
13) Will the game have QB being able to fumble the snap, specifically in
The QB will occasionally fumble the snap, particularly in shotgun situations, or when the weather conditions are poor.
However, this will only happen on rare occasions.
When are the different platforms of Madden 2001 schedule to ship?
The PC, N64 and PSX games all ship right around the start of football season, and the PS2 launch will be on October 26 to cooincide with the hardware launch.
Is there anything you wish to add-in that you did not touch upon?
Well, I appreciate your time James, so thanks for the interview. I also want to say that we really listen to all the input we get from the the millions of Madden football fans out there. We're always taking your feedback to heart and trying hard to make a game that you'll think is fun and challenging. We think we have a game this year that will really make you very happy!
We would like to thank Scott Bandy for taking time out of his busy schedule to answer our questions. For more Madden 2001 coverage, visit Madden Mania.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |