NFS High Stakes (PSX) Preview
Electronic Arts announces the upcoming release of Need For Speed(TM): High Stakes for the PlayStation®.
Key features to include a new ``High Stakes'' mode that raises the stakes and consequences of competing in high adrenaline
race challenges, a revamped, high intensity ``Hot Pursuit'' mode, a broad range of licensed sports and supercars, a game
economy that allows for car purchases, upgrades and modification, visible and punitive car damage, eight new tracks and
stunning special effects and graphics. The game is currently under development for a spring '99 release.
- "High Stakes" mode provides the ultimate challenge in an intense
head-to-head duel, by challenging players to bet one of their
highly prized cars against one another. Adding to the intensity,
the cars waged will be those that the players have earned and
customized in previous races. The winner takes possession of the
other player's car via memory card.
- "Hot Pursuit" mode is revamped with new and improved features
including the ability to be the police -- or conversely, the
object of the police chases. Players choose from an assortment of
performance cars or pursuit vehicles with ongoing real-time cop
chatter from the police scanner to alert players of the state of
- "Tournament and special events" mode to feature an economic
system in which racers earn money by competing in more than 12
unique tournaments and special events, use their winnings to
purchase new exotics, repair damaged cars, as well as upgrade and
modify supercars into their dream cars.
- Multiple licensed sports and supercars as well as a range of
pursuit vehicles in Hot Pursuit mode:
- BMW M5(TM)(includes a version in police trim)
- BMW Z3(TM)
- Ferrari 550 Maranello(TM)
- Ferrari F50(TM)
- Lamborghini Diablo SV(TM)(includes a version in police trim)
- Chevrolet(TM) Corvette(TM)C5 (includes a version in police trim)
- Pontiac(TM) Firebird(TM)T/A
- Chevrolet(TM) Camaro(TM)Z28
- Mercedes(TM) CLK(TM)GTR
- Mercedes(TM) SLK(TM)230
- McLaren F1 GTR
- Jaguar(TM) XKR(TM)
- Aston Martin DB7
- Chevrolet(TM) Caprice(TM)in police trim
- Additional car news to be announced shortly.
- Detailed graphics and realistic special effects -- visible and
punitive car damage that will affect driving performance, modeled
car interiors with visible drivers in both player and opponent
cars, reverse lights, turn signals, hazard lights, customizable
license plates, varying weather conditions, oncoming traffic and
day/night time driving with headlights, to name a few.
- Random track events -- Artificial Intelligence will generate
random events on the roadway, which will require the player to
react quickly to avoid obstacles that weren't there on previous
- Eight uniquely themed open road tracks.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |