Jeff Gordon XS Racing (PC,PSX) Preview
JEFF GORDON© XS RACING™ is an action/arcade racing game that combines the heat of fierce competition with a next generation look and feel of stock car track and vehicle designs. Modern technology has advanced – and has ultimately changed – the face of racing. Cars reach speeds in XS of 300mph around steep banks, corkscrew loops, and air-catching jumps challenging the drivers every second. In order to succeed, players must rely on their skills, split-second decision making, and coaching from racing veteran, Jeff Gordon. However, in order to experience the true thrill of victory, players must eventually face the ultimate challenge…
A one-on-one no-holds barred battle against Jeff Gordon himself.
Release Date: PC - March 1999 , PlayStation - May 1999
- Jeff Gordon XS Racing takes three-time Winston Cup Champion Jeff Gordon's racing expertise and fuses it with next generation stock car innovations resulting in an action-packed racing game experience. Jeff Gordon initially acts as your mentor and helps guide players through the preliminary qualifying stages. Advance in the game and he ultimately becomes your fiercest competitor.
Jeff Gordon XS Racing is the first racing game to be co-designed and co-produced hands-on by someone so close to NASCAR. As a huge video game fan since he was five years old, Jeff Gordon's input and racing knowledge is key to creating this extreme racing experience.
- Nighttime racing action highlights incredible smoke and spark effects across ten dynamically lit multi-path speedways.
- Each car in Jeff Gordon XS Racing has assigned aggressive, combative, and unique personalities.
- Intense 3D sound captures the thunder of stock car racing including track noise, tires squealing and engines revving. Engine sounds were all recorded at Charlotte Motor Speedway from inside and outside the car to make sure that it's as real as it gets.
- Pit stops are a thing of the past – now it's time for the self-healing stock car to hit the tracks. On-the-fly morphing fixes your car like new after bouncing off the competition and the walls.
- Sleek, fast, and aerodynamic car designs ensure tight handling and control during high speeds. Players will get a real sense of how a car feels and how to play the weight just like in real racing.
- Two-player split-screen on the PlayStation. PC multiplayer over the Internet or a local area network (LAN).