[an error occurred while processing the directive]
Sidney 2000 (PC,PSX,DC) Preview
Eidos Interactive, one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, announces Sydney 2000 - The official video game of the Olympic Summer Games. Sydney 2000 will be the first product of an exclusive six-year agreement with International Sports Multimedia (ISM) to publish video games under licence from the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Sydney 2000 is being developed by Attention To Detail (ATD) of Warwick, England. The game will be available in August 2000 on PlayStation, PC, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color.
Sydney 2000 is a graphical showcase bringing every aspect of the Olympic Games to video games players around the world. No detail has been spared to produce the most realistic sports game ever, while retaining a great feeling of fun and frantic multi-player competition.
Sydney 2000 offers the most comprehensive event listing for a multi-sports game ever, including 100m Sprint, 110m Hurdles, Hammer, Javelin, Triple Jump, High Jump, 100m Freestyle Swimming, Olympic Sprint Cycling, Skeet Shooting, Super Heavyweight Weight Lifting, 10m Platform Diving and Kayak K1 Slalom.
The game features high-resolution graphics incorporating the latest motion capture technology, provided by Olympic athletes, and accurate models of all the Olympic facilities. Choose between a variety of gaming modes including Olympic, Arcade and Coaching. Olympic mode enables you to take a team of athletes and train them up through lower ranking competitions and lead them ultimately to compete for Gold.
- The official video game of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
- Various modes of play: Olympic, Arcade and Coaching.
- Arcade mode is a points-based game, with competitors taking part in the final of each of the selected events.
- Olympic Mode is a single player game offering depth and progression. Olympic mode enables the player to train a squad of athletes to Gold medal standard. The player is in charge of twelve athletes - one for each event - and must progress through various competitions before eventually reaching Olympic qualification and competing through the heats to the finals of the various events.
- In Olympic mode the player has the ability to improve their athletes' physical build and mental demeanour resulting in improved performance. Stamina, strength, skill and morale can all be increased in the Virtual Gym, which changes your athletes' physical appearance.
- Unique athlete models for each of the 32 countries in the game.
- Latest motion capture technology using Olympic athletes.
- Every location in the game is architecturally correct, based on the actual design blueprints.
- Commentary provided by the actual Olympic TV commentators in each country.
- Exhilarating multi-player action supporting eight players simultaneously on PlayStation and PC, and four players on Dreamcast.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |