NHL 2002 (PC,PS2,Xbox) Preview
Publisher: EA Sports
See the glory, hear the passion, feel the emotion, be the hero in NHL® 2002. In the latest NHL release by EA SPORTS™, the gamer IS the action. Added features include a new 'Breakaway Camera' and a compelling 'EA GameStory' feature, which rewards and recognizes gamers for outstanding play. Additionally, six different modes give the gamer more options than ever before, including “Play Now” and an in-depth career mode that allows users to extend the regular season into a full career with drafts, trades and free agency moves. Whether a power forward in pursuit of the game-winning goal, a goaltender attempting a shutout, or a chippy defenseman protecting his zone, you'll experience pure adrenaline to as you take the ice. With cool camerawork, overlays, and insightful broadcasting by announcers Jim Hughson and new color analyst Don Taylor, every game develops into a story – but don't take our word for it, experience it for yourself.
- NEW Breakaway Cam: Experience the most exciting play in hockey from the athletes' ice level audio/visual perspective.
- NHL® Cards: Earn points towards the purchase of “NHL Cards” by performing game moves and reaching milestones. Cards provide the player with boosts, cheats, and other fun un-lockable features.
- EA GameStory: Tracks events during the game and tells compelling stories as they unfold. Stories are told using cinematic camerawork, clever replays, overlays, play-by-play, and color commentary.
- NEW Create-a-Player: Enhanced customization enables gamers to create themselves, an intense power forward, or a gritty defenseman with an assortment of hairstyles and colors, mustaches, beards, eyes, and other features.
- Precision Animation: Provides a more fluid gameplay experience, giving gamers the ability to reach for passes and kick the puck up to the stick.
- Emotion Meter: Emotionally charged scenes create the intensity of a real game through improved animation. Get the home crowd pumped or an away crowd angry and your team WILL respond.
- Gameplay Sliders: Play the game the way you want to play. Gamers can select a level of play that suits their experience from beginner to advanced, speeding up or slowing down the level of play accordingly.
- NEW Color Commentator: Color-commentator Don Taylor joins play-by-play veteran Jim Hughson in the broadcast booth to provide insightful, and humorous game commentary.
- 6 Modes of Play: Six different modes including; “Play Now,” Season Play, Career Mode, Playoff, Shootout, and Tournament.
- Official NHL and NHLPA® licensed product including all 30 NHL and 20 International teams.
PlayStation 2 Console Specific Features
- Career mode allows gamers to compete for the Stanley Cup for up to 10 consecutive seasons.
- Compete in a season or career with the multi-player season feature.
PC Specific Features
- Create custom jerseys, and import them into NHL® 2002 with the “Jersey Importer.”
- Download cool MP3s or .WAV files into NHL® 2002.
- Online/Internet (external) play allows you to compete online against other NHL 2002 fans.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |