NHL 99 (PC,PSX,N64) Preview
Publisher: EA Sports
NHL® 99 builds on the award-winning success of its predecessors by bringing even more game control to the user, and includes bigger bodychecks, harder shots and new motion captured animations from actual NHL players. Enhanced puck physics and improved shot deflections bring the gameplay to new levels of realism. New coaching strategies have also been incorporated with the ongoing assistance of 1996 Stanley Cup®-winning coach Marc Crawford of the Colorado Avalanche. Incredibly detailed 3-D arenas add to the feeling that the game is actually taking place in a real NHL venue. A new beginner level makes it easy for a rookie to pick the game up and enjoy it immediately, while the more advanced levels present a challenge for even the most seasoned NHL fan.
- Official NHL and NHLPA licensed product.
- All new skating and goalie animations motion captured into the game by NHL players: center Mike Sillinger of the Philadelphia Flyers, Vancouver Canucks players Markus Naslund, Mattias Ohlund and Donald Brashear, and goalie John Vanbiesbrouck of the Florida Panthers.
- Expansion draft for the Nashville Predators.
- A new beginner level allows first-time gamers to easily enjoy the game while competing against seasoned veterans.
- Five gameplay modes: exhibition, season, playoffs, tournament and shootout.
- Multiple game strategies that can be accessed "on-the-fly."
- All 27 NHL arenas displayed in full 3-D with center ice logos, luxury boxes, retired jerseys and championship banners. Video "fly-ins" give a bird's eye view of the arena exteriors as well as city skylines.
- Faster gameplay gives users more chances to score.
- Improved shot deflection allows the puck to deflect off players when there is heavy traffic in front of the net.
- Hot and cold streaks affect player statistics and game performance.
- New goalie artificial intelligence.
- Complete 1997-98 season statistics; updated 1998 rosters.
- 18 top international teams including the highly-respected Czech Republic squad. These teams are comprised of the NHL players who compete on their native countries' teams.
- Localized in English, German, French, Swedish and Finnish.
- New front-end look, sound effects and music.
- Analog joystick control.
- Commentary by NHL broadcasters Daryl Reaugh and Jim Hughson (PC/PlayStation); ESPN's Bill Clement commentates for Nintendo 64.
Enhanced 3-D accelerator card support (PC).
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |