[an error occurred while processing the directive]
Swing Away Golf (PSX2) Preview
Release Date: Fall 2000
Load your clubs onto the cart, and tee off with Swing Away Golf for the PlayStation 2 console. This role-playing golf game isn't just about making par, it's a full-fledged fun golf experience. Players choose from seven distinct characters with varying golf skill levels, and a specific golf caddie loaded with different strategies, depending on the caddie's personality and expertise. Player and caddie then tee off on one of six golf courses ranging from a forest to a dessert with resort, lake and coastal courses as well. Through playing well and earning points players unlock additional courses. Players can start simple with a tutorial and advance with lessons and through multiple options of play. As players hone their skills and win competitions they will accumulate points, which then can be used to purchase upgrades on clubs, shoes, special balls and more from the virtual pro shop. Players can also choose to wager their earned points in Story Mode where players can use their putter to make or break them. In addition to playing on the designed courses players can also create their own courses and choose between 13 different settings with adjustable levels of difficulty. For a fun role-playing golf game that utilizes the beautiful graphics of the PlayStation 2 console for one to four players load up Swing Away Golf.
- Choose from seven unique characters of varying age, gender and skill level.
- Take your pick from six different Caddy options each with her own advice, strategy styles and varying personality traits.
Three general modes including an all-encompassing instructional mode where players can practice on the putting green and loosen up on the driving range. Stroke and Match play start cyber golfers off. Contests such as 'skins, best ball, sudden death, longest drives and more are unlocked as players progress
- Six different pre-set courses including a forest, lake, desert, classic and coastal courses initially. Additional courses can be unlocked.
- A virtual pro shop is where golfers go to spend their earned points for better equipment that will help them succeed and gain access to unlocked courses. Special clubs, shoes, golf balls and more equipment can be purchased in the virtual pro shop.
- Play a single round of golf where you choose your format, character, caddy and course.
- Unique Story Mode where players begin as an amateur, compete in the qualifying round and make it onto the pro tour. Unlock new courses and characters along the way, and earn points to upgrade your skills, equipment and pro ranking.
- Create your own course. Choose from several course types, pars, course length, hole shapes, elevation and flag position as well as inserting ponds, lakes, bunkers and more. Then choose from 13 different difficulty settings.
- Risk your earnings. Once players have collected items and money through their golfing efforts played out in Story Mode, they can then risk them for a bigger payoff.
- Compete for rankings on the pro tour. Players on the pro tour can compete for rankings based on earnings and popularity.
- 8MB memory cards allow players to save up to 10 different characters, earned points, play data, custom built courses and as many as 100 different golf courses.
- One to Four players.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |