NFL 2K1 (DC) Interview
Our Cliff O'Neill
recently had a chance to interview Jeff Thomas, the product manager for NFL2K1.
1) What is your role with NFL 2K1?
My name is Jeff Thomas I am the Project Manager for NFL2K1.
2) The online feature of NFL 2K1 already has fans pumped up for the game. Leagues
are already forming eagerly anticipating the release of the game. Can you go into detail on the steps that gamers will need to follow to play the game online?
One of our main goals of network play is to make the interface as simple as possible. This is the first time console games are being brought online to this extent. We know that not all console gamers are Internet or computer experts, so what we have done is implement a straight forward design using the same interface as the rest of the game. A user will have to obtain an ISP login name, ISP Password and an ISP local phone number, that is all. This information can be from any existing ISP, but if they wish to sign up with SegaNet they will be able to do that as well, all within NFL2K1.
3) Does Sega have any plans for an official tournament or league?
There is nothing in place yet. We have spent most of our efforts this year making online gameplay be as good as possible. We really hope to role out a complete "network community" next year, including on-line tournaments and leagues. There is still the possibility that some of this will occur this year, but I cannot give any specifics at this time.
4) What is the most significant addition/improvement in the works for NFL 2K1 besides the online play feature?
- Franchise mode.
- New playbooks that contain well over 2000 new plays. This year each team will get their own completely unique playbook, containing team specific formations and plays designed for specific players on that team.
- Downloadable rosters, we will be able to update our rosters as the NFL year goes forward. For example, last year the Rams were rated fairly low in our game, (who would have known they would be the team they were). This year we will be able to update the players on any team we wish using roster patches that can be downloaded from the Internet. This should really extend the life of the game.
5) Can you explain some of the features of the Franchise Mode? Will there be
a limit on the number of seasons you can play?
Franchise mode is a complete general manager mode. You as the player can choose to simulate all of the games or actually play each game. The key features of franchise mode are: 30 consecutive seasons, new rookie generation, retiring players, salary caps, future draft picks, CPU proposed trades, scouting reports, plus a whole bunch of other features.
6) Will there be career stat tracking?
Yes, in franchise mode.
7) Will the game include a Pro Bowl?
8) How much control will you have over a team?
I assume this is in reference to franchise mode. As I stated above you have FULL control over your team, you can be the GM, the coach, or the players, it is totally up to you.
>> Click here for more...
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |