Legends of Wrestling (PS2) Preview
Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. announced that it has signed wrestling icon Hulk Hogan
as its official spokesperson for the company's forthcoming PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system title Legends of
Wrestling. Hogan joins Acclaim's roster of more than 40 in-game legends, including Bret ``Hitman'' Hart, Jerry ``The King''
Lawler, Jimmy ``Superfly'' Snuka and George ``The Animal'' Steele, and will be featured prominently throughout the company's
supporting national marketing and advertising campaign.
``Hulk Hogan is known throughout the world as the most recognizable icon in the sports entertainment industry and is truly a living
legend,'' said Steve Felsen, Senior Director of Brand for Acclaim Entertainment. ``We are thrilled to have him join our roster of
superstars, who are poised to deliver one of the most exciting wrestling games ever for the next-generation systems.''
``I'm proud to work again with Acclaim and be a part of `Legends of Wrestling,''' said Hulk Hogan. ``This game is testimony to the
many talented wrestlers who have spent their entire careers entertaining generations of fans inside the squared circle.''
Developed by Acclaim Studios Salt Lake, Legends of Wrestling is the first-ever wrestling video game to assemble the greatest
superstars of all-time to find out who is the true king of the ring. Legends of Wrestling is highlighted by more than 40 of the greatest
grapplers, such as King Kong Bundy, Ricky ``The Dragon'' Steamboat, Rob Van Dam, The Road Warriors and Terry Funk, and
will offer an exciting array of features, including:
- Brand new game engine designed, developed and delivered exclusively for use on the next-generation hardware platforms;
- Revolutionary Intermediate Start Position (ISP) System, which enables players to link moves together for lethal single-button
combinations and superior gameplay;
- First-ever ``Create-a-Legend'' enables the deepest wrestler customization in the history of wrestling video games;
- First-ever in-depth match analysis and career guidance by wrestling's greatest managers, including Captain Lou Albano and
``The Mouth Of The South'' Jimmy Hart;
- Multiple action-packed matches, such as Three- and Four-Way Dances, and special guest referees;
- All-new, larger-than-life character models bring the greatest wrestlers and their signature moves into the ring for hours of
- Interactive wrestler entrances with announcer introductions, crowd responses and authentic taunts;
- All-new Singles and Tag-Team career mode that takes players across the United States and throughout the world to battle for wrestling's top titles;
- Wrestle in and out of the ring, with 10 venues and all-new weapons;
- All-new ``Create-a-Stencil'' lets players add logos, tattoos and text to the ring attire of their favorite legends, as well as Acclaim's signature ``Create-a-Stable''
- TV broadcast presentation with all-new camera angles and cut scenes, delivering the best views of the heart-pounding action.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |