SGN's Top Sports Games of 2001
Top PS2 Sports Games of the Year
Top Xbox Sports Games of the Year
Top DC Sports Games of the Year
Top PC Sports Games of the Year
OVERALL TOP SPORTS GAMES OF THE YEAR
Top Xbox Football Game of the Year
- Madden 2002: "If you want the best football game on the Xbox, Madden 2002 is it. Even though the momentum-based physics seem exaggerated and detract somewhat from the game, the good far outweighs the bad. The great AI, realistic QB decisions, incredible off-season, and improved graphics make this the football game of choice." -- James Smith
- Runner-up: NFL Fever 2002: While NFL Fever 2002 does not perform as realistically as EA Sports' Madden 2002, Microsoft's offering still provides casual arcade pigskin gamers an enjoyable treat. The oversight of Microsoft allowed for a definite game-killing mistake, limiting franchise mode to only 5 minutes.
Top Xbox Baseball Game of the Year
- None: Hey, the Xbox only has been out for a few months and it's not baseball season yet.
Top Xbox Racing Game of the Year
Top Xbox Basketball Game of the Year
- None : NBA Live 2002, the only Xbox basketball title currently available does not deserve any award for its disappointing offering.
Top Xbox Snowboarding Game of the Year
- Amped: Things did not start out well for Microsoft's snowboarding title, Amped, with their doctored screens. However, with the release of the game, the public was able to see the amazing graphics firsthand. The career mode is absolutely a blast to play. Amped Snowboarding is a load of fun.
- Runner-up: SSX Tricky: This game is no doubt worth a runner-up mention. SSX Tricky is more of a snowboarding racing title, while Amped is more based on performing tricks. Both are great at what they set out to do.
Top Xbox Skateboarding Game of the Year
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2X "THPS2x is worth playing if you are a fan of the Hawk series--and if you have not played a Tony Hawk game, THPS2x is the ideal game to get, since it has all the levels from the first two games." -- Cliff O'Neill
Top Xbox Surfing Game of the Year
- Transworld Surf: "Best surfing game available? Certainly...but TransWorld Surfing does not have any real competition apart from the forgettable Sunny Garcia Surfing on the PS2. Nevertheless, the gameplay is solid, despite the Pro Tour mode's complete lack of originality." -- Cliff O'Neill
Top Xbox Hockey Game of the Year
- NHL 2002: "The NHL series has been a roller coaster franchise. The past few years have been a downer for the series. But NHL 2002 returns the title to its former glory. The graphics (though EA definitely needs to work on better camera angles in future releases) and sound provide a nice hockey atmosphere, but the key to the game is the balance of arcade and sim elements of the gameplay. The game is flat out fun to play, which is what counts the most." -- James Smith
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |