NBA Live 2001 (PC,PSX,PS2) Preview
Publisher: EA Sports
Release Date: November 2000
EA SPORTS has done it again with NBA LIVE 2001, the latest offering in the most successful basketball game of all-time. LIVE 2001, the seventh edition in the ultra-realistic series, allows the player to control the post or fly high above the rim with many new moves—up and under, drop step, jump hook, and many more. With all-new player reactions and bench sequences, redesigned commentary, and crowd animations, the stadium comes alive. In the most realistic looking basketball game ever, LIVE goes hard to the rack, delivering more emotion and atmosphere than ever before. It's the complete NBA experience.
- High poly count player models, which will use cyberscan technology for incredibly detailed player heads and lifelike skin textures creating the most realistic looking basketball game ever.
- Ultra realistic stadium environment including, animated bench, highly detail polygonal crowd where people stand up and celebrate exciting moments within the game, as well as signage within the crowd.
- Online community. Enhanced chat & match-up system encourage users to join games by making online easier to use, faster and more accessible. Additional features include lobbies and private areas. (PC CD Only)
- Enhanced Franchise mode. Execute more realistic blockbuster trades with up to 3 teams and 15 players using our new trade interface. (PC CD Only)
- Take on numerous gameplay challenges: win by ten, triple double, 3 consecutive treys, while earning points for succeeding. Points go towards selecting from huge inventory of awards including, Create-a-Player features and player rating bonuses. (PSX Only)
- New Transitions. Enhanced in-game sequences add to the drama of being on-court and part of the action. See player's personalities and emotions come out on the sidelines. See players interact with each other, encouraging teammates, and debating calls with the referees.
- Inside Game. New animations. Up & under moves, drop step, baby hooks, turn-arounds and fade aways. Better feeling of contact & battling for position.
- Improved speech and sound effects. New approach to speech captures the essence of the interaction between the play-by-play and color commentators. Bob Elliott adds new in-depth play analysis. All new color commentary provides for more intelligent and relevant interaction with game play-by-play.
- Revolutionary Face in the Game™. Technology allows users to be “in the game.” In addition to mapping a specific face, players may choose from many different player expressions, hair types, skin colors and eye colors. (PC CD Only)
- Kevin Garnett. The NBA All-Star was motion-captured performing a series of high-flying dunks that are featured in all game versions.
- Cutting-edge soundtrack. The widest array of hip-hop and rap songs ever available in the LIVE series spices up the LIVE 2001 soundtrack. Highlighting the talent this year will be Universal recording artist Montell Jordan.
- Create-a-Player. This feature allows any game player to create custom players with individual features including expression (laid back, balanced, hyped), skin tone, height, weight, facial hair, hair color and player ratings.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |