NCAA March Madness 99
Publisher: EA Sports
Release Date: November 1998
NCAA March Madness 99 brings home the quintessential college hoops experience. Select from 107 men's division 1 teams, 16 women's division 1 teams, enough to stage a "Sweet Sixteen" tournament or for the "old school" video gamer. March Madness has 20 historical teams for reliving classic match-ups.
Dynasty Mode™ gives game players the license to make coaching decisions for their team over the course of several seasons, even decades. As the coach, you decide how best to manage your team's assets.
The all-new 99' play book was developed with the Coach's Edge software, the same software used by professional and NCAA coaches as a tool for formulating and presenting plays to the team. The game player can run quick-hitter plays, motions or inbound plays while on offense. Defensively, they can select from multiple man-to-man coverage, zone defenses or choose to run the full court press.
The March Madness sound track features QBert of the Invisibl Skratch Piklz. QBert, a pioneer in the world of turntablism, incorporated basketball sounds and phrases into his skratches and beats to formulate one of the most unique gaming sound tracks of all time. QBert is also featured in the arcade mode of the game. Users select from over 30 songs from three different groups. The music selections are directly tied to the games momentum meter in arcade mode and reward player's who control the game by playing their selected tracks. Those groups include: QBert (Hip Hop), Moodstack (Alternative) and Under (Metal).
- User controlled dunking. Access over 10 different dunks depending on the dunk rating of those attempting to do so.
- Dynasty Mode™ allows for recruiting and team management for several decades. The game player chooses the coaching strategies, which plays to run, and who's going to run them.
- New coaching strategies created using the Coach's Edge™, choose from over forty new plays for offense, defense and zone.
- All new front-end gives players easy access to gameplay status and options.
- New modes include practice, arcade, 3-point shoot out and Dynasty Mode™.
- Over 50 new animations include: lean-ins, fadeaways, crossovers and user controlled dunks.
- Combos: user controlled alley oops and dunks, on the fly subs.
- 107 men's Division 1 teams, all conferences represented, 16 women's Division I teams, and 20 historical men's teams.
- Complete 3D rendered arena environments. Over 110 different rendered stadium floors, stadium sizes are varied to mimic the dynamics of the college game.
- Momentum Meter rewards a team for good play by boosting their stats while cooling down the opponents.
- Team specific uniforms incorporate team colors and logos.
- TV-style presentation with 11 adjustable camera angles and instant replay with a full 360? view.
- Immersive college hoops atmosphere with animated crowds, pep bands, over 80 crowd chants including "Air Ball" and 60 fight songs like "Rocky Top" from the University of Tennessee.
- Detailed player ratings supplied by College Sports Exchange based on 1998-99 rosters.
- Weekly Top 25 Polls show conference and overall standings.
- Championship week. All conference tournaments are represented with their unique brackets.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |