Triple Play Baseball (PC,PSX) Preview
Publisher: EA Sports
Developer: Trey Arch
Release Date: March 2001
Triple Play Baseball from EA SPORTS makes its final appearance on the PlayStation console, loaded with current player rosters and all the corresponding team stadiums. EA SPORTS exclusive Big League Challenge Mode returns with the standard home run hitting tournament between the 12 MLB contestants, one-on-one competition between two sluggers or the Extreme Target competition where players earn points by hitting various targets. Triple Play's stalwart modes of Single Game, Season, and Playoffs will be in the game as well. Baseball fans will be entertained and challenged throughout the MLB season with the multiple mode options. The real treat comes at the end of the season; only in Triple Play Baseball can a team win more than “just” the World Series. After winning the World Series, players then compete in the World Tournament where they take on all star teams with players from around the world and can then play as these all star teams in regular gameplay. With new Toronto Blue Jays manager Buck Martinez in his final booth appearance with cohort Jim Hughson, game players have the best in their color commentator and play-by-play man. See if you can do what no team in MLB has done in years… beat the Yankees in the World Series.
- MLB player facial expressions are keyed into the game's engine. Watch your favorite players' emotions as they strike out or send one over the fence.
- Exclusive rights to the MLBPA Big League Challenge, set in Las Vegas' Cashman Field where today's greats see who can go furthest the most often. Big League Challenge Mode includes all 12 MLB participants and an Extreme Target Mode where you can hit targets and build up points for added excitement and competition in the home run hitting contest.
- Realistic player models that have various shapes and sizes for the body and head. Star-player facial textures such as Jason Giambi, Barry Bonds, Derek Jeter and more.
- The game includes signature pitching and batting styles of players such as El Duque, Nomar Garciaparra, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, and others.
- Scripted animations include umpire arguments, high-fives, and end-of-game celebrations.
- Rewards and codes based on in-game feats including power-ups, special hidden players, bonus teams, and mystery stadiums.
- Major League Baseball and MLBPA licenses give game players all the teams and players in the major leagues.
- All 30 MLB stadiums recreated in precise detail with real-time scoreboards and in-park animations. Real-time lighting in three distinct atmospheres: day, dusk and night games. Enhanced stadium sounds and celebrations from the crowd.
- Two new MLB stadiums: Miller Park and PNC Park.
- Multi-Season play offers users the ability to draft their own team and play with a Points Cap to test their roster management skills.
- End of Season World Tournament - Win the World Series and qualify for the World Tournament. Defeat all-star teams from around the world and unlock them for use in regular gameplay.
- Season Mode Points Play - Earn points during Season Play by accumulating stats. Use points to "purchase" items such as cheat stadiums or power-ups to enhance your players' abilities.
- Season mode Smart Trades: CPU-controlled teams make trade offers to players and each other.
- 2001 team schedules and rosters.
- Two Man Booth – color commentary by Buck Martinez with Jim Hughson doing play-by-play.
- 1-2 players.
- Analog control and Dual Shock™
PC Only Features
- In the Big League Challenge Mode, players can slug it out online for homerun bragging rights.
- Face in the Game™, take a digitized photo and create a custom player.
- In-game overlay screens that appear between innings displaying the location of the past inning's homeruns.
- MLB Player attribute editor allows Triple Play players to adjust the attributes of any MLB player on the roster.
- Supports TCP/IP, IPX, LAN and Modem play.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |