Triple Play 2001 (PC,PSX) Preview
Publisher: EA Sports
Developer: Trey Arch
Release Date: March 2000
EA SPORTS brings power baseball back for another big hitting, home run scoring season with Triple Play 2001. Whether you step to the plate to face the computer-generated Artificial Intelligence or go head-to-head in any number of Internet modes, you will be challenged and entertained from the first pitch to the final out. Major League Baseball™ (MLB) and MLBPA licenses give game players all the teams and players in the major leagues. For the first time in the Triple Play Series, Triple Play 2001 brings the legends of the game to the plate with the exclusive MLBPA Big League Challenge Mode. Baseball's storied history comes alive with legendary players such as Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Cy Young, Jackie Robinson, and many more historical baseball legends. Step up to the plate and see if you can compete as or against the greatest home run batters of all time.
New PC Screens(8)
New PSX Screens(15)
- Exclusive rights to the 500 Home Run Club.
- MLB player facial expressions are keyed into the game's engine. Watch your favorite players' emotions as they strike out or send one over the fence.
- Exclusive rights to the MLBPA Big League Challenge, set in Las Vegas' Cashman Field where today's greats can challenge the best of all time. Big League Challenge Mode includes all 12 MLB participants and an Extreme Target Mode where you can hit targets and build up points for added excitement and competition in the home run hitting contest.
- Players look more real than ever before with new player models that have various shapes and sizes for the body and head. New star-player facial textures such as Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, Pedro Martinez, Chipper Jones and many others add authenticity to the game.
- The game includes signature pitching and batting styles of players such as Mark McGwire, Nomar Garciaparra, Randy Johnson, Kevin Brown, Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson and more.
- Real baseball situations with Behind-the-Fielder view for the outfielder's perspective for a realistic fielding experience. Intelligent fielding cameras focus directly on the action to make all aspects of the game easier to control.
- New scripted animations include umpire arguments, high-fives, and end-of-game celebrations.
- Novelty rewards and codes based on in-game feats including power-ups, special hidden players, bonus teams, and mystery stadiums.
- Major League Baseball™ (MLB) and MLBPA licenses give game players all the teams and players in the major leagues.
- All 30 MLB stadiums recreated in precise detail with real-time scoreboards and in-park animations. Real-time lighting in three distinct atmospheres: day, dusk and night games. Enhanced stadium sounds and celebrations from the crowd.
- Multi-Season play offers users the ability to draft their own team and play with a Points Cap to test their roster management skills.
- Season mode Smart Trades: CPU-controlled teams make trade offers to players and each other.
- 2000 team schedules and rosters.
- Two Man Booth – color commentary by Buck Martinez with Jim Hughson doing play-by-play.
- 1-2 players.
- Analog control and Dual Shock (PSX).
PC Only Features
- Internet Gameplay, with ranked and unranked options. Play head-to-head against an online opponent either with stats tracked and logged on a leader board or simply unranked without tracking. (EASPORTS.NET)
- Big League Challenge Mode allows players to track their homerun hitting stats online and compare themselves to the world or play against a single opponent online. (EASPORTS.NET)
- Face in the Game™, take a digitized photo and create a custom player.
- Players can create their own taunts and import them into the game to harass opponents at whim.
- In-game overlay screens that appear between innings displaying the location of the past inning's homeruns.
- MLB Player attribute editor allows Triple Play players to adjust the attributes of any MLB player on the roster.
- Player statistics provide by STATS Inc.
- Supports TCP/IP play, LAN and Modem.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |