INSIDE PITCH 2003 TO DELIVER CLOSE PLAYS, MONSTER HOMERS AND BASEBALL EXCITEMENT TO XBOX
Xbox Live-Enabled Game to Feature Nomar Garciaparra, Joe Buck and Tim McCarver
Microsoft Game Studios announced today its first baseball title for the Xbox video game system, "Inside Pitch 2003." This Xbox LiveÔ enabled title will begin turning double plays, throwing brush back pitches and clearing the fences for the 2003 Major League BaseballÒ season.
Nomar Garciaparra will appear on the cover and serve as spokesperson for “Inside Pitch 2003.” Joining the All-Star shortstop on the “Inside Pitch 2003” roster is the top broadcast team of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver.
Garciaparra participated in an in-depth motion capture session, while Buck and McCarver recorded more than 25,000 lines of dialogue, play-by-play, stories and insight for the game. Buck and McCarver will also take fans back to relive and participate in key moments of the 2002 season.
“I‘ve always wondered what it would be like to have my own video game,” said Garciaparra. “Microsoft Game Studios has done a great job capturing the way I play baseball. From my routines at the plate to my plays deep in the hole, Inside Pitch delivers the goods.”
Gamers will be able to create their own superstar, hone their baseball skills and challenge their friends online using Xbox Live. Want to learn how to play the carom off of Fenway Park’s Green Monster? “Inside Pitch 2003” will include special training sessions for each position to help gamers perfect their baseball skills.
In addition, the exciting Championship Challenges feature offers gamers the chance to reproduce some of the greatest feats of the 2002 season and determine if they can match or surpass the performances of some of today’s most talented stars.
“With a baseball icon like Nomar Garciaparra, two of the elite voices in baseball today, all the players, full animations and accurate batting stances, ‘Inside Pitch 2003’ will provide gamers with a thrilling experience throughout the 2003 season,” said Dave Curtin, studio manager at Microsoft Game Studios.” “‘Inside Pitch 2003’ builds on Microsoft Game Studios’ powerful line-up of fast-action, high impact sports franchises, such as ‘NFL Fever’ and ‘NBA Inside Drive.’”
“Inside Pitch 2003” is scheduled to hit store shelves in May and will be Xbox Live enabled.
- Championship Challenges put gamers in actual memorable situations from the 2002 season. Gamers can try to break the 7-7 tie in the 2002 MLB All-Star GameÔ where some crafty base running and a key hit will avoid the stalemate, or surpass cover athlete Nomar Garciaparra's three home-run and 8 RBI day on his 29th birthday.
- Online features using Xbox Live allow gamers to download content such as new stadiums and roster updates, track their online win/loss record, batting and pitching stats and view opponents' stats for matchmaking purposes.
- "Inside Pitch 2003" will allow gamers to use their created players, augmented by success in the training sessions and the Championship Challenges, to get the upper hand in online competition. Online voice communication during gameplay will increase the importance of a tough mental game, as top competitors will undoubtedly be vocal about their success.
- Single game, season and playoff modes allow gamers the opportunity to guide their teams against a number of worthy opponents.
- Home Run DerbyÔ mode allows gamers to test their power and coordination in the popular All-Star break contest.
- The Training Tracks mode enables gamers to bolster their created players by participating in 18 different fielding drills, five different pitching drills and six different hitting drills.