All Star Baseball 2001 (N64) Preview
Release Date: April 2000
The crown jewel of baseball simulations. All-Star Baseball 2001 is everything people loved about All-Star Baseball 2000, plus more! The game features award-winning Hi-Rez graphics with true to life player faces, and advanced artificial intelligence that simulates actual player performance in various game conditions (day vs. night, grass vs. turf, and home vs. away). The innovative 3-D batting interface lets players pull, push, pop up or ground pitches just like a real major leaguer.
- Cooperstown Legends team lets fans take to the field with 25 of the all-time best baseball players, including Reggie Jackson and Nolan Ryan. Gamers can even play in an all new outdoor cornfield stadium to give the game an even more authentic feel.
- Improved arcade mode makes batting and pitching easier and faster. New sounds and effects have been added to give Arcade Mode a different feel from Simulation Mode.
- New Batting Practice mode lets users become comfortable with the batting interface quickly and easily.
- Every Major League team and over 700 players from the Major League Baseball Players Association.
- All current Major League stadiums rendered down to the cut of the grass.
- Scouting reports by N.Y. Yankees World Series Champion Derek Jeter.
- Award winning 640 x 480 Hi-Rez‘ graphics and 3-D sports engine.
- Individual player models feature true to life sizes, faces and team uniforms.
- Award-winning motion-captured moves, including over-the-shoulder catches, breaking up double plays, hook slides, swipe tags and fist pumping player celebrations.
- Extensively detailed player graphics, including sunglasses, high socks and alternate team jerseys plus rain delays and airborne dust.
- Instant Replay lets you to view that game-winning home run again and again.
- Over 100 unique batting stances, from the open stance of Andres Gallaraga to Jeff Bagwell's crowding home plate.
- Authentic home run swings from the games' top sluggers.
- Advanced artificial intelligence simulates actual player performance in various game conditions: day vs. night, grass vs. turf, and home vs. away.
- Advanced batting interface: adjustable sweet spot for power or contact hitting.
- Individual player streaks, slumps and errors based on real life tendencies.
- On screen matchup history for every pitcher and batter confrontation.
- Customized hot & cold strike zones for each MLB player.
- Roster management includes: Multi-player trades: creating, signing and releasing players; and calling up minor league prospects.
- Ability to track season-long player and team stats in over 300 categories by STATS Inc.
- Rumble- and Expansion-Pak compatible.
© 1998-2006 Sports Gaming Network. Entire legal statement. Feedback
[Free Credit Report |
Car Insurance Quotes | Designer Shoes |